Flat for rent - Nagyszombat street, Budapest
About the flat
- The flat has a big bedroom, a toilet, a shower with a washbasin, and a separate kitchen.
- It has a radiator heating with a gas boiler
- Apartment is fully renovated, with new sanitary
- Alarm protected
- The kitchen have an electric oven and electric plates, fridge, kitchen cupboard
- The public transport is excellent bus 9, trams suburban train is just around the corner.
The rent is: 50.000 Ft +current expenses
Location on the map
History of the region
Let's talk about the Roman Amphitheater first situated in front of the house of Nagyszombat str.3. Nowadays people use it for school ceremonies or other gala events, even to the purpose to hold fireworks. According to a construction subtitles it was rebuilt during the reign of Emperor Antoninus Pius to a stone Amphitheater around 145 and it served as a military training ground. The construction work of the Legio II. Audiutrix engineering corps were performed. The outer walls of the longitudinal axis of the grandstand is 131.8 meters, cross axis is 108.4 meters. The 89.6 x 66.1 meter arena size (larger than the Roman Colosseum). It's enormous size was justified that it were used to military exercises. This assumption is also evidenced by the facts, that the fencing wall, the arena and the spurs walls of substructure were punctually edited.Its shape was designed elliptical, and was created on a natural hollow. According to excavations this recess had been used to their military training by Aquincum legion stationed here already in the 1st century.
Originally it was built mostly from earth like the rest of the Danube Amphitheatre in our country. The auditorium was built on land mass, only twenty-four U-shaped walls and a platform wall were built of stone.
The amphitheater was suitable to set 10-13 thousand spectators, and the auditorium was approached by vaulted staircase. The remnants of spurs walls and vaulted staircases were found besides that around the arena an inner wall remained, which was originally 4 meters high and protected the audience from the beasts. In this stone wall there were 5 cells , where they may keep the wild animals. The cabin at north gate reception had the name of Porta Libitinae , on the east side may called as sanctuary Nemesis, who was the protective goddess of amphitheater games. From here inscribed stones of an altar were found.
From the late Roman era it was used as fortress. It refers to the presence of Longobards in the 6th centurey that silver treasure found in the southern gate's wall. The edifice however, was also used by Heruls, Avars besides the Longobards, but the Conqueror Hungarians also used the Amphitheater; some believe or identify as fortification of Kurszán . In the Middle Ages the amphitheater were loaded up with earth, after that in modern times this place was served as scaffold , later houses built on it. The building was then appointed Királydomb, but many people suspected the original function because of its outlook.
The test excavations were launched in 1932 when the characteristic Óbuda houses were demolished. This place were excavated between 1938 to 1941. The monument restoration took place in the early 1940s, using building materials which were found on the site.
The history of St. Peter and Paul's Parish Church in Óbuda
Nearby you can see the most beautiful church and religious center of the district. Since the provisions of St. Stephen the King for founding churches (1,015) there were also several churches in this area or in the surrounding area. They have fallen victim unfortunately in the storms of Hungarian history. 300 years, after the expulsion of Turks, in the idea of St. Stephan's spirit German-speaking settlers was called to Óbuda in the hope they will help rebuild this part of the country. They brought their faith, saints and even though their language was until recently preserved, their hearts were Hungarians.
Barwick Christian Ignatius, Óbuda parish priest and Judge Simon Genszky in 1735 urged that the Óbuda and Békásmegyer-tenth of the revenue should be allocated to the construction of the new church. The plan was sponsored by everybody and not only the tenth-income earning was allocated but also the parish's income of four grape fields enriched the budget, besides that Countess Zsuzsanna Bercsényi also provided significant financial support for the start of construction. Óbuda borough supported the creation of church building, and the public donations were also gathered . They finally started to dig the new church foundations on 8 June 1744. Foundation stone was made on June 28.
The construction work was led by Paur János György using his own plans which were approved by the noble Zichy family and the magistracy Óbuda. His coworkers were Pfister András master mason, carpenter Weingartner Leopold, Linburg János György tinsmith and Mayer János Mihály stonemason from Pest. The three-vaulted ship was joined to a one-vaulted, inside arched, from outside an octogon form which connected with three sides of an octagon to the shrine , the church was completed in 1749 - according to Genszky Simon's accountability.
The main altar with Trinity symbol indicates that the whole church mission is to serve the glory of God. The Tyrolean carved composition was placed here in 1898 . In the middle there is a niche with a statue of Christ the teacher, holding the book, there are the letters of the beginning and end on it,, alpha and omega. This statue was put here in 1884. Before this period an altar-picture of St. Peter and Paul's representation adorned the altar. About the same time,when the statue of Christ was placed here, statues of St. Peter and Paul got here with the essential symbols, namely the two keys and the sword. The marble high altar younger than the church itself and many of the ornaments of the inner area was completed only in 1774. Noble, simple lines want to express the unshakable truth of the faith and with the altar cupboard it give a space to the most sacred Eucharist where Jesus is present . The so-called sanctuary in the middle was in fact an old sanctuary preparation table, which was converted into an altar according to the liturgical reform. They didn't put here stone or marble altar in the middle of the sanctuary so this is a way for rearranging the the sanctuary for various liturgical functions. There is a baptismal font on the left side of the main altar. The marble pool is as old as the altar itself and the scene on it is baptism of Jesus.
From left of the shrine we can admire the pulpit. It is one of the most beautiful baroque pulpit in Hungary tending a little bit to rococo style. An angel with clarion up proclaims the Lord's message, on the sound strengthening part of the pulpit the Holy Spirit-dove marks that from here Holy Spirit inspired verbs should say. We see the gentle shape of the good Shepherd on the back door.. On the three sides of the pulpit you can see the symbol of faith – representing by praying female figures, hope – representing by a mother holding her child, and the love - dove bearing an olive branch shows. . Below on a cute, golden relief you can recognize the penitent Magdalene figure after only a closer and better visual inspection: symbols are the crucifix, and an alabaster vessel from which she poured the oil to Jesus' feet before the crucifixion, the penitent-whip and under her feet the defeated sensuality, a Cupid statue. The pulpit carvings are the works of Bebo Károly , he was the Zichy family's artist.
In front of the pulpit , on the opposite side we see a unique masterpiece: image of St. Charles Borromeo, which is creation of Vogl Gergely, the beautiful framed is by Bebo Károly. St. Charles was the archbishop of Milan, in the in the second half of the XVI. Century and he was a great clergyman who performed that the Trent council renewed the church's reforms. Here, however we remember and the pictures depict the Archbishop , who had taken care of the city's diseased people during the great Milanese plague, he spent his own money to cure and cater them, healed them, and where human power has proved insufficient, he asked with penitents procession from God as to finish the devastating epidemic. The picture which shows some of the rope around his neck, symbolizes the bishop'penance, in the top right corner of the picture an angel can be seen who put his sword into the scabbard, is symbolizing that the plague ceased. This angel refers to t Rome, where a similar event happened when in the era of Great St. Gregory there was a similar penitent procession and in the end of it St. Michael appeared at the top of the Castel Sant'Angelo indicating that the devastating epidemic is over. Here Óbuda was a plague epidemic in 1691, 1709 and 1739. Three angels are on the framework of the picture and remind us to the death: up you can see mythological figures, Saturn with hour glass measures the time ,on the left side an angel symbolize the reckoning with a scale. Angel with bells and a hammer gives a call sign. Subtitle "Non turbetur cor vestrum" encourages us, " your heart shouldn't be troubled," - the Christian, pure-hearted people should not fear death. While the painting commemorates Charles Bebo's patron saint, relief under the painting portrayed his wife's patron, St. Therese of Avila. Moving to the right in the church there is St. Cross altar, "Altare privilegiatum", that "privileged altar" was presented in Masses for the dead. . A little painting on the pediment reminds us to this fact with a depiction of the dying St. Joseph, who was on his deathbed - according to tradition - the Virgin Mary and Jesus himself surrounded him. The crucifix and two statues: the Virgin Mary and St. John the Apostle, Tyrolean workshop creations. They are excellent.Going to the right temple second main altar is visible ,the altar Kiscelli . During the construction of the church here was a side gate. In 1785 they walled the side door and gave space to the altar, which was in Trinitarian monastery on the hill Kiscelli , it was the church's main altar in the Monastery , and a copy of Mariazell statue . - How did it get there, this altar? II. Emperor Joseph the 2nd banned many religious convents, closed their institutions in the name of enlightened minds. He auctioned equipments of this temple as well. Anthony Kühteiber master miller bought the altar and with alloance of Joseph Batthyány, archbishop of Esztergom he transferred it to St.Peter and Paul's Parish Church. The altar angels was created by Charles Bebo, he made it to Kiscelli church, because the church was under the Zichy family tutoring.
Going further back we see Saint. Julianna altar. Julianna was dear to German-speaking settlers , she originated from Liège, a Belgian-born nun, a great admirer of the Eucharist , whose visions have helped spread the celebration of the Eucharist. Up on the little picture there is St. Benedict , he hold a glass of poison which was cracking in his hand. Their fellow monks wanted to kill him because of his strict regulations.On the left and right hand side we can see two archangels, St. Michael who defeated Satan and St.Raphael , who is the leader of guardian angels. The pieta which is visible in a cabin in front of to the choir driveway got here only in 1949 after the dissolution of Vincentian Sisters's convent. The statue was made in Raffl workshop in Paris in 1904.Let's go back to the south side of the church. It was almost unthinkable a baroque church without a St.Anna altar. The sacred grandparent, mother of the Virgin Mary,kind patron of girls preparing their marriage and families in this age was exceedingly honored. On the pediment of the altar you can see St.Vendel, who is the patron saint of shepherds and farmers. Vendel, lived in the 6th century was a hermit. Picture tells us that during the construction and ornamentation of the church most of the inhabitants of Buda were farmers. On the right hand side of the picture stands the statue of St. Margaret of Cortona, to the left St. Catherine of Sienna is shown. The sculptures were originally painted white later in the 18th century they painted it with color. St. Margaret was the patron to girls having restless blood. She herself ran away with a guy from his parents at the age of 17, causing sadness to her family. When the young man soon died, she repented sincerely , she entered the Franciscan Third Order, founded a hospital and died as a saint in 1291. She is considered to be the patron saint for those who live in a home can not be settled in marriage, but have sincere desire not to loose the kingdom of God . St. Catherine of Sienna is the large families's patron, since she was a child in a Sienese family of 25. She became a member of St.Dominic Order, she cared sick people , wrote countless wise letters to princes, bishops, and she even induced XI. Gregory , the Pope return to Rome from Avignon. At the beginning of this century, a statue of St. Anthony of Padova got here to this altar.Above the southern side gate we can see a unique picture in our country, namely St. Ivo, who was a jurist. From lawyer he became a priest and was the protector of the poor and troubled. This picture also had been in Kiscell Trinitarian monastery church.Side altar next to the pulpit is the "Maria Hilf" , Helping Mary's altar. Passau pattern representations of Mary from Bavaria land which we can find frequently in Austria. The German-speaking ancestors brought it with them. Before the altar from Kiscelli Castle has been got here, it was the Virgin Mary church altar. On the pediment there is another style of representation of Mary, the so called Boleslaw Mary, refers to Slavic origin. You can see two statues embellishing this altar, they are also popular Austrian-Bavarian saints: St. Florian, who is defending from fires, St John of Nepomuk who is protect us from floods. These sculptures have been in the temple from the end of the last century. The Heart of Jesus statue was placed here to the altar at the beginning of the century when the veneration of Jesus Heart was booming.Jesus on his Cross Road had different stations. Tyrolean carvings,nice, intimate depictions commemorate Jesus road .Magnificent baroque statues of the apostles are on the walls . They are also works of Charles Bebo, who completed them in 1752.From the outside we can see a proportional church with stone sculptures of Peter and Paul standing next to the tower, which were worn by the weather, but still from the top they are watching over the church. Below left St. Sebastian is standing, a martyr of the Christian antiquity, on the right hand side is St. Roch with a dog licking his wound on his foot , protects diseased people. In the middle you can recognize Saint Rosalia – appeared uniquely in our country-, who was an anchoress living in a cave , symbolize protection against earthquakes. On the front of the square where the church is situated you can meet St.Flórián and St. John of Nepomuk again.
The Óbuda University - situated in the immediate vicinity (abbreviated OE)- obtained the rank of a university in 2010. Predecessors were three colleges (Banki Donat Technical College, Technical College, called Kandó Kálmán Technical College and Textile Factory College) was the Budapest Technical College, which was not that institution which was founded by Sigismund under the name of Óbuda University.The education levels of students built on each other and after this education they receive an internationally recognized engineering degree. Among the instructors the scientific degrees ratio is 12%, 40% has a university doctorate degree. OE has an extensive international network of contacts so there are possibilities for students for internship, part training as well. More than a hundred students travel to Europe and Overseas from here every year.
King Louis started large-scale palace construction in Buda at the end of the 1370s which was followed by Sigismund who largely expanded it , and in 1408 the Royal Court permanently moved to Buda . In the center of our country, in the capital he founded the first university. IX. Pope Boniface gave founder's letter for Óbuda University on 6 October 1395. The Pope released a permission for establishing a complete, consisting of four faculty university . Reverend Lukács Órévi became the leader ( He was Buda's provost first, then became Bishop of Csanád County). The new campus began teaching on all faculties - theology, canon law, medicine and liberal arts . The new institution was closely related to the University of Vienna. We know that on Faculty of Arts there were professors from Vienna, but it we also know about some promising bachelors from Óbuda who gave lectures at University of Vienna.In 1402 in Buda a social movement developed for the democratization of urban management . The university leaders could also become involved to this uprising in the capital,, and King Sigismund( Zsigmond)is likely to shut down the university in 1403 , which was launched again seven years later. XXIII. Pope John signed the bull of the re-establishment of the university on 1 August 1410.. The Óbuda University with 4 classic faculties received all the privileges enjoyed by the great European universities. On the event of great importance namely the termination of western schizm, on Council of Constance ( between 1414 and 1418) representatives of prestigious universities were delegetad and - according to Ulrich Richental contemporary chronicle – among them 7 university teacher represented Óbuda University.
The Goldberger factory in Obuda
The Goldberger textile factory in Óbuda Goldberger family created from a simple blue painter's workshop a world-renowned, innovative factory, known throughout the world, capable of generating significant export capacity and has set up commercial establishments, which practically destroyed during the years of regime change or democratic transformation (1989-1999) . The Goldberger buildings are also nearby.
Ancestors of Goldberg were immigrants who settled down in Óbuda. In 1755 already had been the birthplace of his son, Goldberg (later Goldberger) Francis. In 1785 he founded a blue paint shop in Lajos (Louis) street .Production was growing and the booming business had enabled to maintain warehouse and shop in Pest, and from 1800 wholesale was operated as well The continual development are also allowed. an expansion next to the family house and shop
The factory production reached its peak during the fourth-generation of Goldbergers, under Leo Goldberger's (1878-1945) leadership. When the First World War had broken out it caused serious raw material supply problems. In addition to the original factory which made textile and printing Leo Goldberger founded spinning and weaving factory (1923 Kelenfold: weaving factory and spinning mill in 1927). Leo Goldberger died in the Mauthausen concentration camp.
The company was nationalized in 1948 under the name Goldberger Textile mills and Trade Company.National company was founded in 1949, into which some of the other textile factories were melted as well. Goldberger Fabric Printing and Finishing National Company was established in 1949-50 and later, in 1963 BUDAPRINT Cotton Printing Industry Company ("Panyova") was created, the headquarter remained the former Goldberger factory. When tha national company was created the Goldberger family members was told to move from Hungary. During the change of regime the textile industry in Hungary collapsed, in 1989 there was an attempt to rescue Goldberger Company which was unsuccesful . The factory had been absence of financial matters, even Goldberger Friderika, daughter of Goldberger Leo, who was an educated woman in textile industry could not save it.
City study plan is responsible to use of historical buildings of the area within an appropriate framework. Luxury residential complex was built with keeping the imposing facade of the former warehouse on the opposite side of the street.
The Hungarian textile and clothing industry written and material relics preserved in the museum, in Óbuda Goldberger factory's original Baroque buildings in (Lajos u. 136-138.) operates since 1999.
Nearby are several charming restaurants, sports facilities, theaters and concert halls work. You can visit restaurants, the Pastrami Restaurant (live music, a variety of speakers), Rozmaring taverns by theDanube, Kéhli Restaurant. Óbuda Cultural Center, Kobuci Garden, Óbuda Társaskör, Kiscelli Castle offers prestigious theater and concert programs.